We played Best Ball which means that the three of us (my team only had three players) would hit from the t-box, then we would find out where Janean's ball landed and everyone would hit from there rather than from where our other unfavorable shots landed (the sand, the backyard of the houses, the ravine, 3 inches in front of the tee, you get the picture). Now, don't get me wrong, I did help a bit. I made a few key putts and the photo of me with the club in the air is hole 15 or 16 - a par three - where we used my shot every time. I pared my first hole all by myself! And more than that, I helped contribute to us being 8 over par for the course and to winning the $100 per person first place women's prize!
I felt it was a success, I didn't totally suck, and I think I'd like to golf again. Maybe I can get some practice in so that next year I can contribute to the team twice!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
XanGolf
XanGo golf day! It was tournament time in Saratoga Springs and the women needed another player to have two teams to compete. Somehow I got roped in - a never before tested player! We played last Saturday - a windy, freezing cold day. It said 37 degrees when I got there at 8 am and I'm pretty sure it was only 40 degrees when we left at 2 pm. The wind came off the lake and so it felt much colder when ever we faced North!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! Have you ever golfed before? I never have and would therefore be terrible. But as long as you have one good person onr you team when playing best ball it wouldn't be so bad.
Congrats!
Post a Comment