Saturday, January 9, 2010

messes


The picture is fuzzy but hopefully you can see the mess I found last night. I put Maddy in her bed with a bottle. After about 5 minutes she started crying and I figured she must have dropped it so I went in to help her out. She was soaked!!! Her clothes, the whole back of her head - I thought she had had a major throw-up moment. I took her in to Scott in the living room and noticed that her front was all dry. That didn't really make sense if she had thrown up. I went back in and found her bottle. Can you see it in the picture? She had somehow twisted the nipple around and leaked milk all over herself. Unfortunately, that meant a bath and a change of sheets and she didn't get to bed till 9. And I had to do another bottle because based on how wet she was, I figured she didn't get much of the last one!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Yucky. I have to admit, cleaning milk out of hair, sheets and clothes is SO much better than throw-up...even if all the same work is involved.

Greg & Dlora said...

Ah, I remember soaked babies from leaking bottles, though I don't think it happened because one of you unscrewed/disassembled the nipple. Smart little Maddy or curious little Maddy?
I remember once checking on Sarah as a little baby and there was a brown stain all around her. I panicked, sure that she was lying in a pool of her congealing blood, but I soon realized that it was chocolate throw-up. That's the only time I've been grateful about vomit. Much preferable to blood.
Mommy

April said...

Oh wow! That's crazy! I'm glad she wasn't sick :-)