Happy Independence Day!
What a fun weekend we had. On Saturday we took Maddy to the Spaghetti Factory to eat in the train. She was a little bit upset that the train wouldn't "go". But I think she enjoyed her lunch just fine.
After lunch we got out the pool and invited Emma and Sophia over to run through the sprinklers. The girls had a wonderful time together. Emma and Sophia's mom tends Maddy so she plays with them every day. I suppose as they get older we'll have more and more play dates like this.Monday morning we joined the neighborhood for the parade! Lucky for us it starts just down our street, then continues up to the busy road, across the canal and back down the other half of our neighborhood. Lucky for us we have a police lieutenant in our ward and he blocks off traffic on the main road for the 4 or 5 minutes it takes us to traverse from one street to the next.
That evening we joined our friends the Ontiveros's and a few other couples for dinner and fireworks. What a spectacular show. Maddy surely enjoyed the show but only from the safety of my lap.
I love my country. I am proud to be an American. I am grateful for those who have fought for the freedoms I enjoy. I am moved to tears when I think of the sacrifices made - from veterans, to Civil War fighters, to Lehi's family, to the Savior - that allow me to live in the comfort that I do and to worship the Savior in the way that I do. What a marvelous blessing and what a wonderful weekend of celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment