Thursday, March 21, 2013

Holy wholley holey!

Several layers of sheeting come up

 and we now have a large open hole into the basement.
I believe the next step is to run some supports along and between the floor joists to give more support, run a gas line to the future site of the 6 burner stove and then button it all up again. Of course, I'm probably over simplifying it and there is tons to do while this is all open.
 
All I know is that i get a little flutter in my stomach if I get to close to the edge and Scott is feeling extremely protective of Maddy the moment she steps out of her bedroom. So, I suspect we'll get past this stage and on to the next rather quickly.

1 comment:

Mary said...

And what about the dogs? Have they fallen through yet? :-)

You're not kidding. That is a monster hole! I would be nervous too. Exciting though.