![]() |
| The Kitchen when we moved in in 2006 |
Well, it has
begun – The Great Kitchen Remodel. Over the past week I’ve been cleaning out
and boxing up the kitchen, making piles for DI, throwing out junk, and
generally getting ready for Scott to tear out the old 1970’s kitchen. While I
will miss having a usable kitchen for an undetermined amount of time, I will
not miss the yellow sink, the fake butcher block laminate counter tops or the
cabinets that are mysteriously pulling away from the wall (are they sinking?).
Yesterday I came home to no upper cabinets. I’m getting a bit excited. We’ve had the double ovens for about 5 years now, the new gas stove for 4, a new refrigerator for about a year, the dishwasher for a week and base cabinets arrive today. Scott’s got to lay some tile soon so the fun, yet difficult, task of choosing paint, tile, backsplash and the basic design-scheme begins.

2 comments:
How exciting!
Oh! It's finally happening!!! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see what it all looks like. You have excellent taste and are very design savvy. Combine that with a super handy husband who can do it all. Lucky girl. I'm jealous.
Post a Comment