I am sure my face turned 15 shades of red. I was really embarrassed. I whispered a hurried "I'm so sorry" while trying to keep Maddy from adding more comments and move along to another aisle where I could hide in mother mortification!
They walked away with the younger guy teasing his buddy "...hey old man...". Oh the embarrassment I felt. I told Maddy something like "You shouldn't say that or make comments about people.". She just looked at me and said "I want to go and hold their candy bowls". HUH?
Now that the men had left the area I backtracked and looked around to see if I was missing something. Maddy jumped off the side of cart where she had been hanging on and took off down the aisle we had crossed over just before "the incident" and ran down to the promotions aisle where lo and behold:
I really, wanted to run and find those guys and show them the picture but even the remembrance of my embarrassment kept me from tracking them down. Old man - yes, but young woman? Maybe besides totally misunderstanding her audience I also misheard her actual comments.

2 comments:
This is great! I got a good laugh. What a funny misunderstanding! And yes, I wouldn't have tracked the two men down either...much too embarrassed.
So funny! I have had my kids (I think it was Ally) ask a man why he had an earring because only girls wear earrings. Quite embarrassing!
Post a Comment