Oh how we love the State Fair!!
So glad our best neighbor friends could join us.
Maddy's saddest moment last year was that she wasn't tall enough to ride the boat ride. Scott tried to sneak her on between us but they kicked her off and she's been talking about how this year she was sure to be big enough. We've actually used it through the past year to encourage her to eat vegetables and get enough sleep (what manipulative parents we are!). Turns out she was close enough this year that they let her on. Scott and Maddy found a place down center and for the first few swings of the ship, she had a HUGE smile on her face. I watched from below - I'm don't pretend that I'm young enough to enjoy this!
Once the boat started to go almost vertical on each pass, the smile began to slide. Sitting almost eye to eye with the terrified boy across from her didn't help matters much either. By the end Maddy came off a bit wobbly with a half fearful, half "green" look on her face. I don't think that she's so interested on going on that particular ride again. The combination of feeling like she was going to throw up and alternately going to wet her pants was new to her and she's not so certain that she likes it. Scott explained to her that this is the funny tummy feeling that people enjoy and it's why they ride the big rides.
Maddy's pretty certain that she won't be missing anything fun if she doesn't go again any time soon!


3 comments:
Yes, I know the feeling. The boat ride at Lagoon was my favorite. I'd get on all excited then just want to puke.
We've never been to the state fair as a family. We were all set to go this year, even had one particular day that would actually work for everyone....and then it poured down rain. So we didn't go. Bummer.
Lilian doesn't like that feeling in her tummy either...but she was okay on the boat ride (Tidal Wave) at Lagoon. She was less than thrilled with The Lady Bug Bop...the kiddie drop ride. I personally love that tickly feeling in my tummy....
Post a Comment