Monday, April 7, 2008

Busy Season

Wasn't tax season supposed to be better now that I am not working in public accounting? Yet here I sit, April 8th at 9:25pm working (or not working because I'm complaining), for the 15th late night in a row on the company tax return.

I have to say, it is a little bit refreshing to put away my XanGo Tax Manager hat and just put on my green accountant visor and do some good ol' taxes! It's the one time each year that I do something I really have a pretty good handle on. I don't have to call an advisor in another country to ask about VAT issues or customs classifications or any of that. Kind of nice. The bad part is that the other problems and daily things don't go on hold while US tax returns are being prepared. What is wrong with the rest of the world. I have to shut down during the month of Chinese New Year and can't function - can't they shut down during tax season?

And the best part, this is only the extension, I get to pick it all up again in October to finalize it and by then, I have to relearn what in the heck I did 6 months ago! I love being a CPA!!

1 comment:

LindaO said...

umm..., I hate to a stickler for details.., but it's the 7th????