.
So, today we will celebrate by going out to Scott's favorite restaurant, Franck's. It's a French restaurant near the Cottonwood area in the parking lot of the Tuscany restaurant. He loves the chef and the way that he mixes unexpected flavors together to make amazing dishes. It should be wonderful and expensive!
.
Can I just take a moment and tell you how much I love my husband? He is so considerate of my feelings and is never forceful or manipulative and he so much wants me to be happy. I am grateful to be his wife! Sniff, sniff, enough of the sentiment. On to other discussion.
.
Since we are now one year beyond our 5th anniversary I feel it necessary to comment on the family situation. As most everyone knows, Scott has fiercely and openly clung to the "verbal agreement" we apparently made back when we were engaged whereby I "agreed" to not have children for 5 years. I recall this conversation and in my memory, the conversation was about how I didn't think it would be the worst thing in the world to not have kids for a few years so that we could get to know each other. In no way do I remember this becoming a binding contract - but whatever. So, last year on our anniversary the questions started. "You've had 5 years now, are you going to start a family?" to which Scott would comment, "I'm looking to add an addendum to the contract adding on several years . . ."
.
Well, looks like Scott got one more year but not several. I am expecting and I am thrilled! The due date is March 23rd and I am not far enough along to know anything other than that I certainly feel pregnant. I'm nauseous but I don't throw up too much (thankfully) and I have learned that my uterus is pushing against my spinal cord which gives me pretty constant lower back and leg pains. Lovely. I've started the rubber band trick with my pants to expand them just that extra inch that is needed for comfort.
.
So there you have it! Finally some news from the Bishop's that is Christmas card worthy. Oh, yes, I suppose I should tell you Scott's reaction since that is always the first thing everyone asks. I took the test in the morning and
then went to work with my little secret. The test looked positive to me but the line was faint. I didn't want to tell him over the phone or though email so I just thought about it during the day myself. I got home before he did and was laying on the bed when he came into the bedroom."Go look on the bathroom counter" I told him
"Um, I think I know what you are getting at - I'm not going to" was his general response.
.
I had been complaining the past few days because I was so tired and not sleeping well and not feeling well so I kept warning him "I could be pregnant" so he had some idea it was coming. He has not been outwardly joyous about the news - and I wouldn't have expected him too be - but he has been very supportive and has allowed me to talk openly about things that are going on and about my doctor visit and he has never once made me feel like I had to keep it all to myself because he just "didn't want to hear it". He is resigned but not in a terribly negative way.
.
I think the negative thing he is feeling right now relates to meals. I have to eat every two hours (at least) to keep from being physically sick which means that I tend to scavenge for food and he usually has to fend for himself. We have been eating a lot of dinners consisting of waffles and cereal and going out to eat has dropped dramatically because I can't decide what I want to eat and he's to nice to force me to go anywhere he thinks I might not like. So, this is the biggest reason why a trip to Franck's tonight is my anniversary gift to him. I think I'll have a salad!
10 comments:
Oh how fun!! (Not the sick part though!) Congratulations. I knew not to ask, b/c that can get old. Kinda like, "hey leslie, are you dating anyone, when are you getting married?" I figured, it'll happen sometime and when it does she'll tell! We'll all be excited for you guys to make up for Scotts not so obvious enthusiasm. Ü Congratulations! Happy Eating!
Good luck with the eating out. I had troubles with smells and even though something I could order sounded good, the smells in the restaurant always did me in. Most of the time it was an italian restaurant that I had trouble with. Let me know how it goes!
Yay, Yay, Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!
Congrats Melissa! We are very excited for you guys! I hope your morning sickness isn't too awful. I also had a hard time deciding at restaurants while pregnant. I had that problem when I'm wasn't pregnant, but especially so during that time. I'll be writing a post sometime soon about all my fav baby gear, so I'll keep you posted! Yeah!!!
Congratulations, Melissa! I'm so excited for you guys! Happy anniversary to you too. I'm excited to hear more updates from you and how things are going!
And yes, I know what you mean about not being able to eat out very much or very well. That pregnancy sense of smell is pretty strong sometimes!
Wow!!!! I am so surprised and excited for you!! I thought maybe you would be one of those couples that never have children, because I always heard how Scott wasn't crazy about the idea.
When I am pregnant I am very particular about what I want to eat. I remember when I had just gotten pregnant with Mackenzie and I just hadn't felt right and suspected I was pregnant but hadn't tested yet. I told Jared I wanted a sandwich from Panera with LOTS of extra vegetables on it. Lots. When he picked up the sandwich he also picked up a pregnancy test. Ha!
Anyway, sorry to ramble. I am excited to hear all about your journey through motherhood!
Oh, and happy anniversary too! It will be 10 years for me in March, yet some days it feels like it should be 50!
Congrats!!! I seriously did a triple take when I scrolled down and saw the pregnancy test! I can't wait to read more about your pregnancy! I hope you don't feel as sick as I did! LOL!
I am so excited for you :):) Sorry your not feeling the greatest. That for me is the toughest part of pregnancy. So are you going to find out what you are having?? March seems like a perfect month to have a baby Can't wait I am so excited for you. When Scott see's his very own child for the first time, your heart will melt. It's amazing. CONGRATULATIONS to you both. love ya
wow.. I thought I had checked your blog recently... not the case.. missed the last few posts. Congrats once again! i am excited for you guys!
Oh Mel... Congratulations!!! As you can tell, I haven't checked blogs in too long! How fun that you and Linda are prego together. I feel a little left out. I hope you are feeling better by now! Are you going to find out what you are having???
Post a Comment