I just got back from a work retreat in Park City. I have been looking forward to this because it was a sanctioned three days off of work - oh, and there was horseback riding scheduled!
Tuesday in the afternoon I started to feel really congested. Then that night, I had to breath through my mouth all night (I really hate that) and I woke up with a pretty yucky sore throat. On my way up the canyon, I had to pull over and throw-up. So why did I go anyway you may ask? I had a presentation to give at the retreat that we had been preparing for 4 months! This particular group presents twice a year and I didn't feel like I could miss it. So, I took some medicine for the headache, ate a plain bagel to calm my stomach and continued up the canyon.
I was feeling fairly ok with the exception of the congestion still and the persistent sore throat. I was not about to miss the horseback riding though so I plugged along with the group. My horse's name is Wilbur. I got up on him and for a few minutes had to fight him because he wanted to buck me off. I was confident however, and was not unseated! Once the group got going Wilbur was extremely well behaved. I was pleased to let him stop and nibble on grass here and there because then he would break into a trot to catch up and that was much more entertaining than just walking along.
After the riding, my headache had returned and my nose was stuffy and my chest hurt and my back ached - all in time for the 3 hour presentation/discussion that the retreat was built around. Again, I was told that I could go to my room and sleep but I just didn't feel good about leaving in the middle so I stuck it out. However, as soon as that meeting was over I ran to my room to take some Tylenol, a bath, and a quick nap.
Well, Scott joined me last night. I felt bad that we couldn't do more in Park City today. I have tickets to the Alpine Slide and the Coaster but I just didn't feel up to it. Luckily, they are good through October so we'll have to go up on some Saturday to come. Instead, we stopped at the outlet mall where I decided I felt to cruddy to try on anything, and then headed for home. Scott keeps sticking his head in and reminding me that I should go and take a nap so I can feel better but I wanted to catch up on my blog reading first. So now that I am all caught up to date on my friends lives, I am going to take my stuffy nose and achy body and lay down for a bit - if I can stop checking work emails on my Blackberry!
1 comment:
Sorry your still feeling sick. Did the presentation at least go well?
Post a Comment