Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Gun - I mean Fun

Yeah, that's me with an M-15 (or at least that's what my co-worker said it is since an M-16 is illegal to own). Over the last weekend, we didn't go out of town but we wanted our Labor Day weekend to feel like a vacation so we packed our days full of activities.
.

On Friday, we headed to Park City and straight to Jordenelle Reservoir for boating. Our friends brought their Sea Doo boat and we played around on the lake for the afternoon. I attempted to water ski and did get up for a bit but some crazy, not nice boaters kept cutting too close to our area for our comfort and so we had to move to another part of the lake. Once I got back into the boat though, I didn't want to get back into the 70 degree water. So, not much skiing but I did have a great time just tooling around in the boat.
.

After we got back and showered we headed to the Real Salt Lake game. 2-1 in favor of Real! Good show boys.
.

Saturday morning we slept in and then headed to Tooele to shoot guns. Scott has a few hand guns as well as a few shotguns and a rifle. Dan has several guns as well. I told Scott that I don't have a problem with him owning guns but if they are going to be in the house, I want to know how to use them so I won't be afraid of them. I also want him to teach my kids to be used to them and to be comfortable with them so they won't be too curious. I worry about curiosity. I liked shooting the handguns but the bigger ones were a little heavier and made me more nervous. I am glad that those long guns will reside in a gun safe and I don't' have to worry about them too much! I'll stick to the smaller handguns. I did really enjoy going shooting even though it was really, really hot!
.

After the range, we headed to play 9 holes of golf. Linda and I are new to the game and the boys are more seasoned. I was afraid that it would be too hot but by our tee time at 4:00 it had started to cloud over and there was a nice breeze. Not too many people were at this particular golf course either so we could take our time. I really enjoyed myself which is good because a few days ago I played terribly in a work tournament (more about that some other time). I'm glad to know that I could be a decent player and that bad day I can chalk up to the fact that I was using men's clubs! And can I just say that golf carts are so worth it. Why anyone would choose to walk the course I just don't know!
.

After a dinner at Red Lobster we toppled into bed. The sun sure takes it out of you. We had a great weekend and I am so grateful for my friends for dragging us all over when we probably would have just stayed home bored. Instead, we had a full weekend and then Sunday and Monday to relax at home. The 5 day weekend was perfect and I was sad to come back to work today! It's 2:00 now, do you think I can go home early? Shouldn't you ease back into a full day's work?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it me or do you not have any shoes on? Sorry but that doesn't look like nice beach sand your standing on. Anyway, Sounds like you guys had fun labor day weekend. Hope your feeling good.

Melissa@thebblog said...

It's just you! I have on tan flip-flops! There was so much glass everywhere and shotgun shells everywhere!!

Mary said...

Wow, you guys have so much fun. I don't think that we did anything fun on Labor day. I guess when you're 9 months pregnant there isn't a lot that you want to be doing besides just sitting around doing nothing!