Oh my goodness am I out of shape! I went with the young men and young women from our ward on a boating outing on Saturday. The air was cool but the water was surprisingly refreshing! The other leaders convinced me to try knee boarding on boogie boards. What a fun, fun things that it! I love that you get to ride with 3 or 4 other people and laugh and laugh and laugh! The other great part is that if you biff, there isn't too far of a fall down to the water. On the flip side, your face is much closer to the water so if you accidentally catch the front of the board under the wave, you head face first into the lake and about half the body of water seems to find its way up your nose and down your throat!
.
I have found, however, that I must be grossly out of shape. Last weekend I waterskiied and my arms and back were sore but that was all. After the knee boarding, I can barely stand to sit down for all the soreness in my legs and bum! And then, there is still the arm and back soreness too from holding on to the rope. I suppose I need to get out a bit more!
5 comments:
That sounds like SO much fun! I've never been boogie boarding or water skiing. Although I am darn good at riding around on wave runners.. :)
You always get to have fun!! I'm jealous! If it makes you feel any better, I am out of shape too.
Wow, you're brave! I never was brave enough to attempt water-skiing--although I loved riding behind the boat on the big yellow water weenie thing, or on tubes. Yeah, I'm pretty much a wimp. It's been a long time!
Isn't it amazing that after you do certain things, you are sore in places that you never knew you could be? Sounds like you had fun though. I've tried to water ski several times with no success. I'll stick to the water tube!
I totally know how you feel. Last week at Lake Powell I got up on a knee board for only a few minutes and I was sooo sore in the bum and legs for 3 days afterward. Still fun and still worth it! FYI- 3 posts in 1 week.. I think I deserve a medal! ha ha
Post a Comment