Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The day is Shot

My poor baby had to have her shots yesterday. I had a fever Monday so I figured, even though it was gone Tuesday morning, that I'd better send Scott to the appointment just in case I was still contagious. Maddy's doctor said "I notice your wife isn't here and it's shot day . . .". I suppose he thought that I wused out and didn't want to see my baby stuck with needle after needle. Well, not my reason for being absent but an unintended benefit! She is now caught up on all her shots and she is 10 lbs 12 oz and 23 inches long. Her weight and head circumference was in the 50th percentile but she is 75th for length. Maybe she will turn out to have Scott's height!

We have to take her to Primary Children's Medical Center next week to have an ultrasound of her hips. Apparently Dr. L saw something that made him a little worried so they are checking. He told Scott over and over that it's not a big deal and probably won't be anything but he wants to check for displasia (sp?) and make sure that if it is there, we can correct it with braces rather than surgery later. I hope that the results come back negative and we don't have to worry about that!

I felt fairly well but decided that since it was 1:00 and Maddy wasn't feeling great, that I'd stay home with her. She was a little bit more cranky than normal but nothing too bad. She took her shots like a trooper!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a cute bandaid and darling girl. Glad to hear you got to miss a shot episode. No fun for mamas!

Samantha said...

Lucky, getting out of the shots! Its not too bad though.

I had hip dysplasia, unfortunately they didn't find out about it until I was almost 2 and had to have surgery. Better to find it early, it is so much easier to treat!