Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hot Dog! My Baby's two

Yesterday we celebrated Maddy's 2nd birthday. We invited Grandmas and Grandpas over to help us celebrate. Maddy seemed a bit befuddled when she saw them all together and we were asking "where's grandma?" and there were two of them!
Maddy got such great gifts. Some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters to play with, a new blanket for her baby, books to read (a great book that plays songs about Elmo learning to go Potty!), a Little People School, and some dishes and play food. She made out like a bandit.
.
I attempted my first character cake. I think it turned out pretty well considering I didn't have black frosting and improvised with chocolate. The only thing that it truly important is that Maddy recognized it as Mickey and it tasted good. I feel so blessed to have such great parents and such great in-laws. I truly think of them as my other mom and dad and I'm so grateful that they love my daughter. I've mentioned to people before that I think children bring the families-in-law together. I loved my mom and dad-in law before Maddy was born and I loved my brothers and sisters-in-laws but by adding Maddy I love them more.
.
In the beginning I was a little bit surprised by how much they loved my girl. I knew that my own family loved her because she was their niece and because she was my daughter but I didn't really expect that my in-laws could love my daughter as much. Deep down I know that the in-laws are Scott's family, so of course they would love Maddy just as much, it just never dawned on me that they would feel that way. Not sure why not.
.
So, when we went over to grandma's and Uncle Jeff or Aunt Amy was ga-ga over my baby, it made me love them all the more because of their love for her. I just don't know if I'm articulating this concept well but suffice it to say, I feel more bonded to Scott's family and especially endeared to them because they love my daughter so very much! Does anybody have a clue of what I'm talking about? Now I'm rambling. I'll sign off. I love my family, I love my in-laws, I love my Scott and I sure love my little girl.
.
Happy Birthday Maddy.

6 comments:

Mary said...

How come everyone else in the family gets the creative genes. I attempted to make a cake for Josh for cub scouts and it turned out horrible. Absolutely horrible. I guess my kids will never have fun themed cakes. . . .

Mickey turned out great. And give Maddy a squeeze from Aunt Mary (even though she has no idea who I am!)

LindaO said...

Super cute!!!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Cute cake! And even cuter Maddy!!! Can't believe she is two already...I swear we were just visiting at the hospital!

Samantha said...

Aw, happy birthday to Maddy! They grow up so fast!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to your cute little one! Wow, has it really been 2 years already? She is such a cute little sweetheart!

Camilla Millar said...

She's so cute. Congratulations little Maddy on making it 2 years alive!