
I watched a great movie with Scott on Sunday night. It is called "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". Have you all heard of this? I hadn't.
.
This was the last movie Heath Ledger made. In fact, he was in the middle of production when he died and rather than let his last movie die with him, they invited his friends Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Firth to come and finish the movie. The behind the scene stories was unknown to me when I watched the movie. A short ways into the movie I mentioned to Scott how much I thought that Johnny Depp could have played the role that Heath Ledger was playing. Imagine our surprise when just one scene later, there was Johnny Depp. In fact, they look so similar that I wasn't sure if they really had switched actors or if my mind was playing with me!
.
The addition of three new actors to play Heath Ledger's part actually added to the film and created additional depth to the character and in my opinion, even while being an unfortunate necessessity, was a very happy accident.
.
This is a great sci-fi/fantasy film that explores the motivations of today's society - is it storires and imagination or vices and temptation that move us to action? I found myself thinking about it (obviously) days later so I thought I'd share. Rachel, I think you guys especially should put this on your Netflicks "to watch" list.
1 comment:
Never heard of it. Sounds interesting though. I do like Johnny Depp. . . .
Post a Comment