Thursday, March 31, 2011
a little bit dim
We have six can lights in our front room. I love the light that they put out but when you are sitting on the couch watching TV, they are a bit glaring on the eye. After one of my bloggy buddies wrote a post and mentioned how many of her light switches she has replaced with dimmers I decided that I would do just the same.
I turned off the power -of course it turned out to be like the 29th of 30 breakers that I tried - and no one could help me so I would flip the breaker, run up the stairs, see the light on, run back down, try the next breaker, run up the stairs, see the light on, run back down . . . you get the picture. I took the old switch off, rewired the new one, flipped the power back on and Voila! What do you know, it actually works!
I liked this kind of switch because you could use it with your existing plate. I feel very proud of my self and my new, dimmable can lights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a woman! I don't think I would dare. You know...playing with electricity and all. Daddy did teach me how to wire an outlet once, but I wouldn't even begin to remember how...
I am SOOOOOOOOO impressed!!! Seriously!!!!! WOW!!! Wonder woman!!!!! Although I have to admit, I laughed my head off at your one-person method. Running up and down the stairs. ha ha ha. Other than that, I'm extremely impressed!
Post a Comment