Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1995's Greatest Hits

I borrowed this from my cousin Sharon. She always has such fun Blogging ideas.

Here is how it works: Go to Pop Culture Madness and scroll down to where it lists the decades of Billboard Hits. Then click on the year that you turned 18. Copy and paste the list of 75 hits into Notepad BEFORE you paste it into blogger, so it will remove the formatting. Then you BOLD the songs that you liked when you were 18 and strikeout (or fade out) the ones you didn't like or know.

I decided to do 1995 which was when I spent most of my 18th year. I have a September birthday so I'm going to do 1995 instead. And, I really didn't get into music until college and 1994 was my first fall semester! I decided that I couldn't just bold the ones I liked because how would you know the songs I really adored? So, those are highlighted and red.

1995's Greatest Hits
1. Cotten Eye Joe - Rednex
2. One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey & Boys II Men
3. I'll Be There For You - Rembrandts
4. Take Your Time (Do It Right) - Max-A-Million
5. We've Got It Goin' On - Backstreet Boys
6. This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
7. Boombastic - Shaggy
8. Run Away - Real McCoy
9. I Could Fall In Love - Selena
10. You Gotta Be - Des'ree
11. Better Man - Pearl Jam
12. Fantasy - Mariah Carey
13. Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman? - Bryan Adams
14. Fat Boy - Max-A-Million
15. Ants Marching - Dave Matthews Band
16. I Wish - Skee-Lo
17. The Woman In Me - Shania Twain
18. Thank You - Boyz II Men
19. I Like It, I Love It - Tim McGraw
20. Jeremy - Pearl Jam
21. Hey Lover - LL Cool J
22. Any Man Of Mine - Shania Twain
23. Kiss From A Rose - Seal
24. Come And Get Your Love - Real McCoy
25. What Would You Say - Dave Matthews Band
26. Sexual Healing - Max-A-Million
27. When I Come Around - Green Day
28. Tootsie Roll - 69 Boyz
29. I Believe - Blessid Union Of Souls
30. Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop) - Scatman
31. Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
32. Everything Zen - Bush
33. Big Poppa - Notorious B.I.G.
34. Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
35. I Got Id - Pearl Jam
36. Let Me Be The One - Blessid Union Of Souls
37. Bizarre Love Triangle* - New Order(*US release, it came out in the UK, and the rest of the world in 1988. It only made it to #98, according to Billboard Magazine!)
38. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Nikki French
39. Colors Of The Wind - Vanessa Williams
40. Age Ain't Nothin' But A Number - Aaliyah
41. The Bomb! - The Bucketheads
42. Boom Boom Boom - Outhere Bros.
43. New Age Girl - Dead Eye Dick
44. Lightning Crashes - Live
45. Good - Better Than Ezra
46. Tonight Is The Night - Le Click
47. Run-Around - Blues Traveller
48. December - Collective Soul
49. Hooked On You - Silk
50. Short Short Man - 20 Fingers
51. Waterfalls - TLC
52. Roll To Me - Del Amitri
53. Carnival - Natalie Merchant
54. Exhale (Shoop Shoop) - Whitney Houston
55. Creep - TLC
56. Dreaming Of You - Selena
57. Good Intentions - Toad The Wet Sprocket
58. Misery - Soul Asylum
59. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - U2
60 Girlstown - Supercat
61. (I Could Only) Whisper Your Name - Harry Connick, Jr.
62. Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
63. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
64. Baby Baby - Corona
65. Buddy Holly - Weezer
66. As I Lay Me Down - Sophie B. Hawkins
67. Baby - Brandy
68. Lick It - Roula
69. Hand In My Pocket - Alanis Morissette
70. Seether - Veruca Salt
71. I Kissed A Girl - Jill Sobule
72. Let Her Cry - Hootie and the Blowfish
73. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
74. I'm The Only One - Melissa Ethridge
75. Wonderful - Adam Ant

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Melissa! I'm so glad you left a comment so I could see your blog! I never know who has blogs and who doesn't! If anyone else in your family has one, PLEASE let me know! Your family is so cute!

LindaO said...

So.., what do the red ones mean? That you really, really liked the song????

Melissa@thebblog said...

yes Linda - if you read the paragraph to start . . . I was bolding all the ones I liked but then I needed to designate the ones I really, really liked.