Tuesday, March 11, 2008

House Mess

Well, I told you that I wouldn't be a great blogger - we just don't have anything interesting going on! The only constant for us is work, my choir, and home renovations. We have been working on the upstairs and I think Scott is just anticipating being able to work on the basement which he says will be the fun stuff!

So, with that in mind, I thought I'd post some pictures of the progress we've made. I don't have pictures of the house to upload yet so I'll just give you the befores - you'll have to wait for the afters. This way I get credit for two posts!




This is the house as it looked when we bought it in September 2006. Last summer we pulled out the lawn and plants and poured a new cement walk way out to the sidewalk rather than having it go diagonally to the driveway.




The living room - We removed the filthy carpet but, notice the lovely rock fireplace and the beautiful vertical blinds and the fake wood floor.


The beginnings of our bedroom. It started as two rooms along the back of the house. We decided that we would rather have a large room with a decent closet so you are looking from the old master, through the wall and into the old spare bedroom.


This picture is the old third bedroom upstairs, now the only spare room upstairs since we combined two. It has become our computer room/study/den


Here we have the hall bathroom. The picture is a bit dark but the cabinet is the old dark 70s wood with the marble laminate top.
So, there you have it. There will be new pictures of these rooms posted . . . sometime. Maybe early next week to give me daylight to get some good pictures. I also need to clean my house a bit so that I feel good about posting pictures (my room is a bit of a mess at present!).
PS - I keep trying to get all the black - closing paragraph stuff back to left justified but it's not working. I need more practice.

2 comments:

Luan said...

Melissa,

I get to be your first comment, at least on this day. The blog looks wonderful, it's great to see dogs and houses and weddings.

love you, aunt lu

LindaO said...

Look at you!!! Another entry! You are on a roll!! I can't wait to see the finished project. Can we borrow Scott for concrete some time before summer time? Will that work into your schedule?