Maddy was in Heaven because there were at least 9 bouncy houses! Her favorite was of course, the pink and purple castle. I was shocked that she was brave enough to climb up this big huge slide and go down. She is a fearless wonder.
I spent quite a bit of time just following her around to make sure that she didn't get squashed by any of the big boys that were also playing (a bit crazily) on the bouncy toys and slides. We had a nice catered dinner of bbq beef sandwiches and really yummy loaded garlic mashed potatoes (meaning cheese and bacon on the top - yum!) and chocolate chip cookies that were almost as good as the cookies that Katie makes. Well, we ate, Maddy mostly played and nibbled on chips and cookies. I know, I'm a good mom right?
Scott visited with co-workers and showed off his adorable daughter and I got to meet several people that I had heard of but didn't have a face to go with their name.
The next best part? Face Painting! We waited far too long in line but Maddy knew exactly what she wanted, a butterfly that had its body on her nose and blue lips!
I couldn't get her to smile for me, I think because she was trying so hard to preserve her lovely blue lipstick. Because of the black wings right over her eyebrows I couldn't get over the fact that every time she looked at me she looked like she was furrowing her brow, a bit annoyed at me or something.
But she loved it and it worked like a charm to get her to stop crying later in the evening "you don't want your tears to mess up your face painting do you?" Like a charm I say! Maybe I should paint her face every time we go out to run errands . . .
And one last picture because it was on my phone and, come on, she's so cute!. Maddy had braids in her hair and it looked pretty and all wavy when we took them out.







1 comment:
She is SOOOO stinkin' adorable!!
Post a Comment