Last night I had to wash Madelyn's blanket (since she had an accident the night before) and it wasn't finished when I needed to send her to bed. So, I sent her with Jackson's hand-me-down woven blanket (also from aunt Jana) which is the same basic color and feel. This morning she woke up and told me "This sure is a good blanket - but I don't like it". I'm not sure which was funnier to me, the use of "sure is" in a sentance or the fact that was positive and negative about it both in the same sentance.
In other great moments:
I have been wearing my glasses all this week becuase I am getting LASIK next Monday. On Monday Maddy told me as we were getting out of the car at preschool "your glasses make you like an old lady". Then after work as we putzed around the yard she told me no less than 3 times to take off my glasses because she didn't like them. "Go put in your contacts" she told me. Yesterday I wore a heavier, more rectangular shaped pair of glasses and she said that they were ok and that they didn't make me an old lady. I guess that's just those thinner framed glasses that make me look old!
Several months ago Scott and I had an assignment to do sealings in the temple and so we took Maddy to Aunt Katie's house to be babysat. I don't recall really talking to her about where Scott and I were going in particular but on the drive to Katie's house she said "you are going to the temple to get married and daddy is the prince and mommy is the princess". Oh how correct she was!
On Sunday Maddy decided that she wanted to say the prayer at dinner. She never wants to say it so I was surprised to hear she was interested. I figured I'd have to feed her the lines but she just started. She basically said "Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day. We're thankful for this food. Please bless the food. something, something, something, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" I was so, so pleased. She was listening all this time even if she wouldn't say it. Her first prayer all by herself. What a proud mommy I am.
1 comment:
I think it's hilarious that she thought your glasses made you look like an old lady!!! :)
Post a Comment