On Tuesday I was invited with a co-worker to golf at South Mountain in Draper. This course is gorgeous!!! Tucked right up against the mountain the view of the Salt Lake Valley is breathtaking. Though I would never want to live on a golf course (does insurance cover broken windows when you knowingly buy on the edge of the 9th hole?) for this view, I might change my mind.
Though I started out lousy, I found a trick in my grip on the club and actually started connecting fairly consistently. Now I just have to work on getting some distance and also not hitting to the right with every single shot!
Best part of the day though? This wonderful rainbow that just sat up there in the clouds for the better part of an hour with full sun and no rain in sight. I suppose there must have been moisture up there in the clouds to have the rainbow form but it was just so beautiful. I've not seen a big long horizontal rainbow before. I seriously was fascinated with it and kept commenting on my. My partner was probably sick of hearing me say "I just can't get over that rainbow!"
I got horribly sunburned (you'd think I'd know better after 35 years of frying at the drop of a hat) but it was a nice afternoon.



2 comments:
I've never seen a rainbow like that before either. Seriously cool!
I saw a picture of that rainbow somewhere else too. Was it some specific phenomenon...or just a random thing?
Post a Comment