Well, as you know, viruses have been going around. Fortunately, we haven't gotten any in our bodies but I did get one on my work computer. Apparently it is spread through Instant Messenger. I got a an IM from a co-worker telling me to check out a link butI couldn't get the link to work so I just ignored it. Later others of my co-workers told me that they couldn't open the link that I sent them. I hadn't sent any messages . . .
Seems that our company has a nasty virus and so I had to surrender my laptop this morning when I came into work and have been working on a loaner while they wipe mine clean and (hopefully) get all my personal stuff back from the hard drive - including all the settings (I would hate to loose all the "favorites" that I have for Internet sites) I don't know that I could find them all again. They are mostly work related that I'd have a hard time finding again).
My biggest frustration today has been that the loaner computer has the newest version of Microsoft - Microsoft 2000, I think. It looks different and I can't find a thing. It takes me forever to do something in Excel that used to take a nano-second. The other bad thing is that they are converting the whole company over and I was hanging on tooth and nail to the old version. I think that they are going to convert me without my input! Such a sad day!
6 comments:
Last year I got an email from "hallmark" saying I had an ecard from someone. I was so excited a "friend" sent me an ecard that I opened it. Guess what? A virus killed my computer. The computer was a freebie so we went ahead and bought a new one.
I was so mad. I just couldn't understand what the purpose of virusing my computer was.
Oh yeah, computers can be frustrating. when they don't work and when you have to switch to a new version. I remember loving WordPerfect and hating Word and now I can't even remember how to use WordPerfect. Daddy was cussing his laptop yesterday evening while he was working on his presentation screens. I asked him if he was as vocal in his frustrations when he was at work as he was being here at home. Most disconcerting to be transcribing away and hear Daddy berating his computer.
Mommy
I had that problem virus that came through MSN's Instant messenger. I think after we ran all the scans (according to Dan who is my source for all things computer related), it was only hacking my msn account and password. So our computer was fine and all I had to do was change my password so that I never use the same combination of email and password anymore. Maybe that will work for you? Hopefully it's not anything worse. Computer troubles are the worst!
Mel, I love the new version of Microsoft! Granted, I hadn't used the old version for 18 months before I started using this one, but once you get used to it, it's SOOOOO much easier than the old Microsoft. (well, in my opinion anyway.) Hope you get your computer back soon. Love you!
You should just leave work now for the weekend. Wanna go to cheesecake?
I was wondering if you could write another post? This one is 9 days old?
Post a Comment