Monday, October 13, 2008

Bellys

OK Mary, you asked for pictures so here you go. This picture is at 15 weeks. Ah, I have a cute little belly!
.
.
This picture is from last night (I'm 17 weeks today). Should I change that much in two weeks? Do I look like I changed that much to you? I feel like every night I am growing and my sides hurt and I'm terribly "full" feeling. Kind of exciting.
.
I also have been feeling little movements that I think are the baby moving. I know that people can start to feel the baby as early as 14 weeks but they say that most first time mothers don't realize that it is the baby moving so they pass it off as indigestion or a quick cramp or something.
.
For a few weeks I've been feeling pokes. Kind of like a little muscle twitch. I wouldn't explain it as "flutterings" or "butterflys" like some people do, popcorn popping might fits - it feels kind of like a bubble in water that rises up and then pops. Of course, I wasn't sure if I was making it up because I knew that I might feel something. Saturday though, I had my hand on my tummy below my belly button (which has almost gone flat instead of being an inney), and I felt what seemed to be movement both inside and on the outside!
.
Today, I've been feeling movement a lot and I am 99% sure this is baby moving not gas! I felt it again with my hand on the outside too. My co-workers were laughing at me because I was smiling so big when I felt it because I just knew for sure that this was that baby saying "hello". It's been a nice day.
.
Our first ultrasound is on the 22nd. I'll post something if we have something to announce . . .

10 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, what a cute little belly. I'm grinning for you!

Samantha said...

How fun! That baby sure is growing quickly in there! OK, so I'm going to say it, is there any chance of 2 in there? Especially since you are feeling more movement than bubbly feelings. Sorry, just had to say I was thinking that.

Want to hear something weird? Even now I sometimes feel phantom movement, little bubbles I guess that feel similar to a baby. But no baby here!

I am so excited for you!!!

Sharon said...

Cuter! Thanks for posting pics! I think you look fantastic!!

Leslie said...

How cute are you!!! So glad you posted pictures, I was wondering if you had a little belly and what you looked like! We need to do lunch/dinner sometime, if you and Linda are up for it!!

Margaret said...

Hooray - you look darling. The bump is super cute. Gotta love the matching rack too!

LindaO said...

I love the twins idea! Wouldn't that be SO fun :)

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I'm saving my baby girl stuff for you...just in case. :) You look so good!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Can't wait to hear more news on the 22nd.

April said...

You're lookin' great Melissa!!! Sooo cute! And, don't take this the wrong way, but I truly hope you don't have two. :-) It's hard, and I cry everyday. I sure love them to pieces but man, most days I wish I had a live in nanny!

Dawn said...

Melissa, you look so darling pregnant. (Just wait, that get's harder to manage but we have faith in you.) lol Aunt Dawn who never did manage cuteness at any stage of PG-ness.