Monday, October 20, 2008

Kreativ Blogger



Ah, I've been given an award! My sister passed it along so now I get to share 6 things about me. Hm, this could be difficult. At least they don't have to be things you don't know or embarrasing moments - she just said 6 things.

1-I love spaghetti. I know you probably all know that but probably don't know the extent. I can make it for dinner on Sunday, gorge myself so that I can hardly bare to lay down because of the weight of my stomach (and this is pre-baby belly), and still eat it every night thereafter as a leftover. Though I love my mom's spaghetti recipe best, I will eat it from just about any place, including in the form of Spaghetti O's from Chef Boyardee! If spaghetti can't be found, then some other pasta with meat sauce will do but it is less fulfilling.

2-I learned to really clean a kitchen at BYU. When I get going on my kitchen (I have to admit it is not nearly often enough) out come the Q-Tips, toothbrushes, and toothpicks and I go crazy. I don't get out the dentist's mirror like the RA's used to to check the underside of the dishwasher door but I do get a toothpick and run it around the edges of the faucet and the edges of the metal ring that goes around the sink. I learned from my mom the trick to cleaning out a microwave is to put a damp dishrag in the micro and to heat it for a few seconds - the moisture loosens up all the cooked on stuff and then you can more easily wipe it off.

3-I really want to be a lot of things but I don't spend the time to develop the talent. I would love to have the "runner's high" but I hate running! I really want to have a beautiful garden and enjoy it but I can't get past the fact that I am terrible at actually watering my plants. I think that I will pass on the "runner's high" but next year I would like to become a better gardener. Scott is helping with that by strategically placing sprinklers so that I, hopefully, can at least keep the plants alive!

4-I really want to go and visit the Kennecott copper mine. We went there when we were little with my parents and I remember thinking how cool that great big hole was. The little trucks driving up the sides of the hole looked so small! We have a pictures somewhere of us gathered around/on a big truck tire - we were dwarfed. Well, I want to go again. I still think it will be cool and that it won't end up being one of those experiences where my memory is grander than the real thing.

5-I have a baby in me! I know, that's not news to any of you, but it is still weird, fascinating, exciting and foreign to me. Lately I have been feeling this baby moving around a lot and it makes me smile every time. The idea that there is a little human inside me is just such a miracle - the fact that Heavenly Father made us so that this could happen is just incredible and the fact that it does happen is a miracle. I am so grateful that our little family is going to get bigger even though it will be hard.

6-I don't want to work today. This also isn't really news but as you can tell, since I'm blogging at 2:18 in the afternoon, I'm not very motivated on this Monday afternoon. I really just want to go to Hobby Lobby to find something to decorate my house with and I want my ultrasound on Wednesday to come faster and I want to put on a mumu so that I can have my tummy free from all waistbands. And I want m&ms.

Now I'm supposed to bestow this award upon others - so, I award it to Sammy and Linda because they are so good at keeping up to date on their blogs. I think I maybe am supposed to do 6 but Sarah didn't and so I'm just going to follow suite.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nothing new but still fun to read. If you go to Hobby Lobby, let me know. It would be fun to go with you if I didn't have a million kids!

LindaO said...

k.., I really.., really.., don't liek these things! I'll try and be a good sport and do it for you though. I really don't want the award though.