Thursday, October 23, 2008

pink or blue?

Yesterday was my first ultrasound. What a cool experience! They put some jelly on your stomach, a little machine, and then you can see a little baby on the screen! The sonographer measured the baby's head and told me that it was measuring big! She then did all the other measurements and confirmed that I was a bit farther along than 18 weeks. My new due date is March 4th!!! Three weeks earlier! I am so excited and feel validated. I have been feeling all along that I was just bigger than I should be and I was feeling kicks and pokes earlier than I should be . . . The best is that instead of being 18 weeks and just short of halfway, I am now 21 weeks and into the second half of this pregnancy!
.
It was great - Oh, I suppose you want to know pink or blue? I am happy to say that my work friends were all wrong and the Dalton trend has won out - she's a girl! I didn't realize that I wanted a girl so much until we saw that picture and the sonographer said it was a girl and then I felt this huge relief and excitement and a great big smile and tears all at the same time! I turned and asked Scott what he thought and his only comment was that unfortunately, now that I knew the answer to the color question, he couldn't use that as an excuse to keep me from spending lots of money! He emailed in the afternoon "are you still smiling?" it was very cute.
.
Wow, it really does seem more real now that I have seen the baby moving around on the screen and I can feel her kicking and I can say "her"! What a cool thing technology brought us with the invention of the ultrasound!

9 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I am so, so, so excited!!!!

Sharon said...

Yay!! Congrats! We love little girls at our house! Any names picked out?

Liz said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! I'm so excited for you!

Samantha said...

Wow!!! How exciting!! I love that 20 week ultrasound. Little girls are so so fun. And so much more fun to dress!

Here comes lots of pink!

Barb Gill said...

Hooray! Girls are fun to shop for. I'm excited to buy you a baby girl gift and throw you a pink shower!

Unknown said...

YEA! You are going to have so much fun shopping. Scott should be worried. There are just too many cute girl things. I am so excited for you. Now for a Name??

The Christensens said...

Yay!!! Girls are the best! I think the only thing better about that ultrasound is the fact that you got your due date moved UP! Ok, I guess the fact that she's healthy tops the list :)

Leslie said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you're excited for a girl! Wow, you and Linda are having girls!! How fun for you two!!! Girls are way fun, I love my nieces. And I know you will love your little one. That's great news. Gratz!!!

Margaret said...

Hooray!!!!!

Here's a bedroom concept for you to get working on. ; )